November 8, 2011

Whistlin' Past The Graveyard


I hit another birthday today. I've decided to take my age into my own hands and have deducted a few rings off the old tree trunk. I certainly feel a fuckload younger than my chronometer, so what the hell. Besides, anytime anyone guesses my age, they go about 10 years younger than I am. I figure this won't deter the grim reaper, but I've been playin' with the houses money since I was about 20 anyway.

A quick check finds me far in the red with regard to where my financial prospects were supposed to be. As my income has reduced by about 70% (thanks to the economy) over the past 2 years, the struggle to keep up the payments, etc is a neverending nightmare. Healthwise, I'm about as good as can be expected, given the lack of exercise I get lately. Lookswise- let's just move on. From the long haired moron of my youth to the shaved head misanthrope I've become. And I still have my music- the man can't take that away!


The important thing of course is family. After 20 plus years, Missus Nomad and I (the aughts version of Sid and Nancy/ Kurt and Courtney/ Keef and Anita) are still going semi strong- despite the usual speed bumps. Marriage ain't what I thought it would be, but we still love each other (at least I think we do). The kids are (thank the lord) healthy and good natured... and so far don't seem to be falling into the traps that so many stumble into (yours truly included).

I have been adament about not wanting any gifts from mi familia. I got everything I want already.

1 comment:

AC'63 said...

Sorry about missing bday..hoe all went well...another year old and what do you get..your exactly the same