February 11, 2013

Sometimes The Universe Works Itself Out



ADRENALIN OD'S classic "Paul's Not Home" has just been covered by Jack White (he of the 70 or 80 different bands he's in) and Gibby Haynes (Butthole Surfers).

My love for AOD goes back to the nascent 80's and seeing them at CBGB's on Xmas eve. After the show, we tried to get into Midnite Mass at St Patrick's Cathedral and were refused entry (I guess they frowned upon non Xtians dressed in MC jackets and combat boots).

AOD were a great and really funny Hardcore band from New Jersey and songs like "AOD vs Godzilla", "Rock N Roll Gas Station" and "White Hassle" will always have a place in my heart.

Click here for the remake of "Paul's Not Home" and below is the entire AOD "Wacky Hi Jinks" lp . . .



Buy Adrenalin OD albums here !

1 comment:

Justin said...

I like when the universe works itself out...I kinda have liked AOD...I don't really like the Paul's not home cover (what are you doin' Gibby?)