March 14, 2008

Feliĉan naskiĝtagon

Today is the meat in the sandwich day between the slices of bread of Mrs. Nomad and Br'er Nomad's birthdays. How's that for a bizarre alliteration. Especially since they would be such different types of bread. One would be an Artisanal Crusty Sourdough (in only good ways of course) while their counter-part most definitely is of the sensible Whole Wheat varietal. In other words, 2 quite dissimilar personalities. I have never been of the view that opposites attract, so that should be a clue as to which side of the shoppe I was baked in.

So, in tribute to the two people who have had to share either a bed (by choice) or a room (by birth) with me for most of my life, I dedicate the following tunes to them. And you might be surprised as to which songs are preferred by which of em.

Toonage:

Abba - Fernando

Foo Fighters - The Pretender

Foo Fighters - All My Life/My Hero/Times Like These/Best Of You/Everlong (Live Earth 6-07)

Bruce Springsteen - 41 Shots (live)

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway (live VH1)

Altered Images - Happy Birthday

Ramones - Happy Birthday, Mr. Burns (from the Simpsons)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betcha that cake'll plug your fudge tunnel like no other other cannot do.