July 22, 2008

2 Minute Thrills



So, is it a crime against nature and the godz of rawk to miss band practice because you are going to see this guy? Yes, I would say so. For the next gig we play, our erstwhile guitar player will be forced to wear a dress. And not in a fashionable way like this guy used to.
I mean, jeezus... the guy doesn't even drink, so the lure of free booze isn't even an excuse!

Ah, whatever, nevermind, it don't matter anyway.


Not when I can still find bands like The Flakes out there. Holy crap! These guys sound like British Invasion 33 1/3 rekkids played at 45 rpm speed! Me likey The Flakes.


And me likey The Streetwalkin' Cheetahs too. Yeah, they got their name from Iggy's classic Search And Destroy. Coolsville. Punk fukkin rawk.


And, what record collection would be complete without some of New Hampshire's finest, The Queers. 20 years and three chords. The perfect ratio.

Shit, it beats Valium.

Toonage:
The Flakes - Shake/Hold On I'm Coming
The StreetWalkin' Cheetahs - 1968 (Bobby Caught One In The Head)
The Queers - Stupid Fuckin' Vegan
George Michael - Freedom '90

3 comments:

Pig State Recon said...

THE FLAKES remind me of the mucho great JONESES - sloppy, hot, and revved-up. Thanks for the tip.

Rinjo Njori! said...

The Flakes rock! Anything with Russell Quan (the drummer) tends to be better than average. The Mummies, The Dukes of Hamburg, The Phantom Surfers, The Morlocks, etc. etc.

This is the first time I am hearing the Queers as well. I guess it's some sort of subconcious homophobia.

I would never go see George Michael, but based on the amount of weed th guy smokes you might actually get a contact high at one of his concerts. Who would have thought George Michael would be a possible poster boy for High Times. Speaking of High Times they have a bathing suit issue. The girls are okay, but I couldn't pass up 90 pages of girls and ganga.

Zoooma said...

I'd give my left nut for a lifetime pass to see George Michael.

Wouldn't everyone?!?!?!?