April 3, 2009

From the sublime to the ridiculous

I think we all need to feel good today.


This is so beautiful and hopeful, I wanted to share:

Ray Davies with the Crouch End Festival Chorus: Shangri-La (live 10-28-07)


Apparently it's the first time ever performed live.



And from the sublime to the ridiculous; I don't know why, but every time I see this video I start to laugh. I think it had to do with how "earnest" Springsteen and Bono seem. Yeah, I know it was anti-apartheid, but it just seems so dated and cheesy.


It might also be because I still get shit from my pals about if I am going to play Sun City since I usually am wearing a "Little Steven style Schmatta" on my head.




----------------
Now playing: Hitchcock, Robyn & The Egyptians - Listening to the Higsons
via FoxyTunes