October 30, 2007

Happy Whiskey Ween!


I was all set to do a Halloween themed post. But I got invited to the New York Whisky Fest last nite. Holy crap. 200 whiskeys, bourbons, tequila's and other spirits. Some of the stuff was ridiculously rare. And some girls offering their wares (liquor that is!). I concentrated on the bourbons. An absurd amount of single barrel and "old enuff to be legal" (ie 18 year old aged) bourbons. I don't have that educated of a pallet for these types of libations, but it sure beats the $6 buck a quart garbage that I was raised on!
So, get yer pre- Day of The Dead fix somewhere else. The name of the game today is booze... and lots of it.


Toonage:
Dillinger Four - Double Whiskey Coke No Ice
Barrence Whitfield & The Saveages - Whiskey Wagon
The Doors - Whiskey, Mystics & Men
The Who - Whiskey Man
Minutemen - Jesus & Tequila
Kiss - Cold Gin (demo)

No comments: