January 28, 2009

Don't Go Out Tonite


Mother Nature has attempted to stop us, but Dirty Pillows will ignore the snow, rain, hail, sleet and frost and rock the shit out of Brooklyn tonight.

Our promoter/guitarist wanted to have a live sex show onstage, but I told him if any skanky folks (who do not possess the last name of Pillows) attempts that kind of silliness, I will replicate Pete Townshend's response to Abbie Hoffman at Woodstock.

After, all we are artists. OK, we're not artists... In fact, I'm not even a musician... I'M A PUNK ROCKER.

Punk Rock rules, OK?

And here are my thoughts on Bruce Springsteen playing the halftime show at the Super Bowl:

WHO GIVE'S A F#CK.

An aged corporate rocker playing the most corporate party in America? Wow... now THAT'S rebellion.

Although, I would give my left nut to see him come out and play 4 dirge ballads from Nebraska, or maybe 41 Shots. Even playing Badlands would be cool. Or how about playing a silhouetted Phallic Guitar, like Prince? Or exposing Steve Van Zandt's nipple?

Please, Bruce, DO NOT play "Born In The USA"... the irony would be lost on the crowd. I know that people are actually handicapping the setlist... so here's my prediction:
Glory Days/Dancing In The Dark/Promised Land/Born To Run.

I don't care, Nazz Junior and I will be switching over to the Lingerie Bowl.

And my prediction for the game... Steelers 77 - Cardinals 10.
Give or take 70 points.

Toonage:
Bruce Springsteen - The Promised Land (live Cleveland 8-9-78)
Reel Big Fish - Sell Out
Teddy & His Patches - Suzy Creamcheese
MC5 - American Ruse

----------------
Now playing: The Slickee Boys - Theme From Exodus
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sirs, I happen to enjoy Springsteen and his 70s- to earlyish 90s output,but that said: yes, it's not that big a deal about the super bowl,I agree. however, forget the lingere bowl, puppy bowl is where it's at!