October 23, 2009

No More Soupy


Soupy Sales died. That's a bummer. He was Punk Rock for kids back in the 50's and 60's and 70's. Hopefully, when the Grim Reaper showed up, Soupy hit him in the face with a pie. Rest In Peace Soupy, you were truly an original!




On another note, I have been sober and straight for 7 days. Part of which is due to overindulgence and a need to get clean for a big weekend coming up. The other part is due to this nasty cold that everyone in New York seems to have. If I start getting hungry for brains, someone please shoot me in the head.


Toonage:
Motorhead - Killed By Death
The Pixies - Wild Honey Pie (Beatles cover - Live BBC)

3 comments:

Your driver said...

Sobriety is not for amateurs.

I can't begin to tell you what a total badass Soupy Sales was when I was in 5th grade.

NoRecords Records said...

If I can allow myself, maybe you can take a look, listen & download and published this :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F7JS2ZW2

thanks for them

see you

Your driver said...

Hahahahahaha. I just followed one of those suggested links and read about Phish. Then I read the one million comments. Then I downloaded 'I Hate Hippies'. The whole thing made my day. It takes a lot to make a day lately. Thanks.

As you know, however, I have a great fondness for certain old hippies but that fondness is nuanced. Take away the nuance and you get that song.

I have never heard phish. I just never wanted to. I don't think I'm close minded. It's just that there's a lot of music out there and you just can't listen to it all. I have never listened to 'God Bless Our Polish Pope' by Frankie Yankovic. It might be really good. I might be missing out on something important. I doubt I'll ever find out.

I liked 'Remain In Light'.