October 27, 2009

Viva Las Vegas


Heading out to Las Vegas this Halloween weekend with my buddy (who is also the drummer from my band). A boy's weekend of debauchery as the Caterwaul Of Sound rhythm section invades Sin City for the very first time. Additionally, we will be heading to the Fangoria Trinity Of Terrors convention. Why? Because, aside from whoring our band and the movie we just did the theme song to; we're gonna meet John Waters, George Romero (plus they are screening his new movie- Survival Of The Dead, Roger Corman, Bruce Campbell and a coffin load of Vampire-Stripper wannabees!

As I have never ventured to Lost Wages (the land of the silicon enhanced single mom's) before, the last couple of weeks have involved planning last seen during the Allied storming of Normandy during D-Day.

Because the success of this venture revolves around the 4 P's:
Planning
Preparation
Passion
and, of course...
Perversion!

And, as we don't gamble, our money can be spent in far more interesting ways. Like Big Elvis... a 300 lb Elvis impersonator.

Planning on a Hunter Thompson-esque expedition.... only without the grapefruit. I hate grapefruit!

Of course, my lovely bride has completely approved of the voyage... circumventing any potential disasters by granting me full access for the weekend. She knows, that since I am such a douchebag contrarian, that by telling me that I can do anything; that I will do nothing!
Had she warned me that she would John Wayne Bobbit me if I came home with even a strip club matchbook; than I would have went hog wild.

By telling me that I can do anything I want, I won't do anything!

She is MUCH smarter than me.


Toonage:
Dead Kennedy's - Viva Las Vegas
ZZ Top - Viva Las Vegas
Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas



----------------
Now playing: George Harrison - Beware Of Darkness
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

AC'63 said...

that is why we marry them .. or at least thats what my wife tells me.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous as i can't afford my yearly trip to vegas, worth checking out the double down saloon for some alternative rock n roll spirit and Penn and Teller are jaw dropping. if you gamble you will get free drinks from scantily clad waitresses, gamble slow, drink quick, you can't lose, although you can get drunk
A.J

Nazz Nomad said...

yeah- definitely heading to the double down - prob halloween nite if not more often. we have a branch of the double down here in nyc, but I hear the one in LV is better since they also have bands.
gonna also check out a couple of places i hear that have a good absinthe collection.