April 10, 2007

Iggy & The Stooges - Live

Hey, you all know how awesome Iggy & The Stooges are.

Everyone should know that they have have a new album out called The Weirdness. Well, they're on tour, and if they happen to pay a visit to your town, you'd be sadly remiss if you didn't catch em. I've seen em a few times in the past couple of years and they always kick ass. I have a special treat for you all today... it's a mighty big download (150 megabytes), but it's an excellent broadcast of Iggy & The Stooges performing at the Azkena Rock Festival in Spain August 31st 2006. Yes, Mike Watt is providing the bass, Steve MacKay is on sax, and the Asheton brothers are on geetar and drums.

For me, what makes this show is Mike Watt's bass. That shit be snaking in & out big time.

Enjoy this show, it really is terrific and is worth the download!







2 comments:

aikin said...

Great post! I downloaded this the other day and only got around to listening to the entire thing yesterday.
I saw Iggy way back in the late 70s and would love to see the Stooges, but I think they're avoiding South Florida.
Not that I blame them....

Anonymous said...

HA!

Thanks for upping this. Great show, great music!